In the increasingly visual world with an ever-decreasing attention span, the importance to make a split-second impact and tell a story is largely influenced by the image. Experts estimate that individuals are bombarded with an estimated 4,000 – 10,000 ads per day, making it that much more important to stand out.
So, if you, as an eCommerce retailer (or regardless) need to be able to provide enticing and emotion-provoking effectively without breaking the bank. Luckily all it takes is a little creativity.
- Invest in a decent camera: we’re not saying get a top of the line camera but maybe it is time to upgrade from using your iPhone camera
- Use some props – allow potential customers to visualize real situations with your products
- Encourage your followers to share their experiences – not only is this a pseudo-testimonial but it also can serve as quality product display and usage
- Shopify just shared this low-budget photoshoot how-to – definitely worth checking out
- Add multiple angles to the product page
- Allow users to zoom in with some HTML and CSS coding
- Make sure to always optimize for search engines as well. Having the correct site architecture is also key when it comes down to homepage>category>product.
However, there is no need to put print ready images on your website…always consider site speed. Moz – site speed images have been taking up more and more load time. As we become more mobile, we need to stay nimble. Kissmetrics did a report about mobile load time and shopping cart abandonment and found, unsurprisingly, that as load time increased so did shopping cart abandonment.